Senior Production Manager
Main purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Director of the Production Department, the Senior Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful and profitable delivery of all technical and AV elements delivered by the Production Dept.
- Ensure proper briefs are taken from clients and/or internal stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate advice is given to relevant parties to allow clients to make informed decisions about the venue choices from a technical point of view
- Ensure CAD plans for different venue options are created in order to illustrate suitability, both internally and to client to enable client to make final decision on layouts
- Oversee briefs for suppliers and competitive quotes are sought
- Ensure clear budgets and documentation are created
- Where appropriate manage their own large scale / complex projects
- Manage the team of production managers/ technical managers, including managing workflow and scheduling
- Upskilling and developing the team’s skills as necessary
- Signing off all technical budget elements of projects
- Liaison with EM teams as necessary to ensure seamless and profitable technical management
- Develop a roster of suitable freelancer production managers / technical managers to deliver on behalf of Banks Sadler
- Maintain up to date records on all working files
- Liaise with the Director of the Production Dept.on a weekly basis, to report on work in hand and its progress whilst actioning any reasonable requests made
- Assist with brainstorming new & innovative event ideas
- Provide support to Producers running large projects.
- Assist with profit reports as and when required
- Up skill and train other members of the team and the wider company as necessary
- Manage key supplier relationships to maximise profit (including commission arrangement) whilst maintain appropriate service levels
Skills and Background required:
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years relevant production knowledge and background
- Excellent technical equipment knowledge
- Knowledge of digital content formats
- A good working knowledge of CAD, ideally VectorWorks.
- A good knowledge of PowerPoint and ideally Keynote
- A good understanding of online communication tools, such as GoToWebinar, Webex, etc
- Excellent business software skills (Word, advanced Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferable
- Very good, proven supplier negotiation skills
- Excellent client management and interaction
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, numeracy and accuracy skills
- Solutions orientated individual with first class customer service skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work using own initiative essential, as well as being part of a growing team
- Ability to follow set processes and procedures
- A willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to quickly build a good rapport with internal EM teams and suppliers alike
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team, it would also be useful to know your availability and salary expectations in the first instance. This is a full time permanent position based in our London office. No recruitment agencies please!
We’re pretty big on company culture here at Banks Sadler and like to pride ourselves on being a vibrant and friendly company to work for. We are always growing and looking for creative, passionate and talented people to join us. In return we offer an array of social events, monthly wellness days and competitive salary, bonus and pension scheme to name just a few – we look after our people! So if you’re looking for your next step then we’d be delighted to hear from you.