Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Main Purpose of the role
The Account Coordinator is responsible for handling all levels of enquiries within the UK and Ireland.
On a day to day basis the Account Coordinator will research enquires, negotiate rates and added values, check contracts, monitor the client specific phone line and prepare quotations, confirmations and amendments.
All members of the team are responsible for constantly updating their knowledge of UK venues and are encouraged to attend familiarisation trips where possible.
- Be the main day to day contact for taking the clients enquires
- Take on and manage UKI small to medium size events
- Prepare accurate venue quotations to be sent out to clients
- Prepare initial costings, deal with taxes & commissions
- Process confirmation, amendment and cancellation documents to be sent out the clients
- Understand and apply the correct client policies when booking an event on their behalf
- Coordinate and arrange site visits to view event space held
- Provide feedback on venues offered based on BSL experience and past events
- Deal with complaints at a basic level
- If required, process invoices & deposit requests in relation to Events – understand the billback process
- Provide guidance on contract terms & conditions prior to contract signature
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Conduct pre & post events calls
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients at all times
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred hotels and rates where appropriate.
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with SLA
- Research suitable venues within UKI
- Increase awareness of both hotel groups and independent hotels
- Negotiate with venues on rates, added value, deposits, commission levels and cancellation terms & conditions
- Address complaints at a basic level
- Learn and constantly improve knowledge of UK venues
- Participate in and attend venue familiarisation trips, presentations and other industry events
- Release any unwanted event space
- Contact venues and check availability and place space on a provisional hold
- Liaise with venues to ensure that a full event brief is given to maximise opportunities
- Ensure all event enquires are logged onto our database by following internal procedures
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Team Manager
- Maintain up to date records on all working files
- Update client and supplier records where necessary
- Maximise client revenue by up selling other services that BSL offer
- Answer telephone calls with priority and to take and pass on messages as required
- Liaise with the Team Manager on a daily basis, to report on work in hand and its progress through the day
- Assist with brainstorming new & innovative event ideas
Skills and background required include:
- Good level of education
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be numerate and with good level of accuracy
- Team player, but capable of working on own initiative
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good keyboard and computer skills (Word, basic Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to follow set processes and work to deadline and targets
- Good organisational and time management skills
Desirable, but not essential:
- Some relevant industry experience
- Additional languages
Send us your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please.