Webseite Banks Sadler
Banks Sadler is a global meetings and event management agency with an enviable client list of some of the world’s leading brands.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the rapidly growing Production division.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Production Manager is responsible for the detailed pre-event, onsite, and post event organisation of production elements for Banks Sadler events. This wide ranging position will be extensively involved with all aspects of the production team’s work including the design, creation and delivery of events throughout the world.
Typical events will be:
- Awards ceremonies
- Product launches
- Online meetings
On a day to day basis the Production Manager will work alongside the Head of Production and Senior Production Manager and will be responsible for production managing their own events from brief through to reconciliation, as well as assisting the department on larger events.
Due to the nature of the work, you will regularly be interacting with the senior management, key opinion leaders and world class experts, and must be comfortable in these surroundings.
Pre event production:
- Work with both clients and colleagues from the production department and others to take an event brief
- Discuss and advise on the suitability of venue spaces, both through site visits and desktop research
- Draw CAD plans for different venue options in order to illustrate suitability, both internally and to client
- Write briefs for suppliers and request quotes
- Compile all costs and create a production budget for the event
- Create all pre-event production documentation
- Be the primary point of contact with the client for all their production needs – liaising with the venue and suppliers on their behalf
- Develop a good knowledge of client products and services in order to tailor our services to their needs
- Manage all client content (PPT & Videos) onsite
- Offer assistance with the production of creative and visual PowerPoint proposals and PPT support during slide reviews
- Provide onsite project management and technical support
- Research and contact suitable production suppliers, especially outside the UK
- Negotiate with these suppliers on discounts, commissions, deposits, and cancellation terms
- Develop an excellent knowledge of worldwide venues
- Constantly improve knowledge of production styles and audio visual technical advances
- Liaise/book and contract freelance technical staff suitable for each event
- Work closely with venues in advance of events to ensure smooth onsite delivery
- Ensure all event enquiries are logged onto our database by following internal procedures
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Head of Production
- Maintain up to date project documentation on all active events (budgets, quotes, schedules, floorplans)
- Assist with brainstorming new & innovative event ideas
- Develop a good understanding of international currencies & taxes, and customs restrictions
Skills and background required
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years relevant production knowledge and background
- Excellent technical equipment knowledge
- Knowledge of digital content formats
- A good working knowledge of CAD, ideally VectorWorks.
- A good knowledge of PowerPoint and ideally Keynote
- A good understanding of online communication tools, such as GoToWebinar, Webex, etc
- Excellent business software skills (Word, advanced Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferable
- Very good, proven supplier negotiation skills
- Excellent client management and interaction
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, numeracy and accuracy skills
- Solutions orientated individual with first class customer service skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work using own initiative essential, as well as being part of a growing team
- Ability to follow set processes and procedures
- A willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to quickly build a good rapport with internal EM teams and suppliers alike
This is a full time, permanent position, based in our London office in Camden. The successful applicant will, at times, be expected to work away from the Camden office, either onsite (worldwide) or at another Banks Sadler office.
Experience of the Events or Travel industry and fluency in a foreign language (French and German preferable) is desirable
Send us your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please.